Our last summer adventure before school starts! I got a Groupon for half-off admission to Lakeside amusement park, an oooold place here in Denver. It's not as new, fancy, (or clean) as the big heavy duty ones, but then again, it also isn't nearly as expensive! Stephen has been obsessed with riding a roller coaster, so it was finally time to try one out!
We started small, of course, testing their limits...
The classics, planes and cars that go around in circles... and around, and around...
They LOVED the hopper. I think they went on this one more than any other. Noticing a Joe trend?
HANDS IN THE AIR!!!
This skateboard ride was just about Stephen's limit...
The bugs were more his speed. It is official, he cannot handle roller-coasters. Joe, on the other hand, is an adrenaline junkie. Anyone surprised?
I have to admit, I seem to have lost my teenage guts. The Flying Dutchman made me edgy...
And this one, Joe's favorite, (which he went on twice) was more than I could handle. And still have fun, anyway.
The 100 year old carousel was MY favorite!

There was a mini silver train that went around the lake (hence the name, Lakeside)
Perfect end to the evening, and the summer!




















No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments!!